Order direct from Goodman's Geese
For help call us on 01299 896272
Sausage, onion, potato and garlic stuffing
This recipe is suitable for both goose and bronze turkey.
- 400g good quality sausage meat
- 3 x medium onion, peeled and halved (use red onions if available)
- 2 x large potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 4 x juicy cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped
- 50g pancetta or streaky bacon diced
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- freshly chopped thyme
- Put a good lump of goose fat in a large pan over a moderate heat.
- Cut onions in thick slices from root to tip and add to pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the pancetta or streaky bacon, potatoes and the garlic to the onions.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes start to colour.
- Stir in fresh thyme, the lemon zest and sausage meat.
- Cook until the sausage meat has coloured a little. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove and place in an ovenproof dish and put into a medium to hot oven for approximately 3/4 hour.